Recipe by RecipeLove
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and thought it was great...over the years I have altered it a bit for myself (I just spread the butter mixture on the bread and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese) but this is how I had copied it down. It was so good I thought everyone should have it! Enjoy!
Top Review by Lvs2Cook
I served this with some jambalaya and it was a hit! It was easy to make and just a step above plain old garlic bread. I don't think anyone would go wrong with making this recipe. Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be using many times in the future!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until blended.
- Stir in cheeses, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and bubbly.