Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe years ago in a magazine and thought it was great...over the years I have altered it a bit for myself (I just spread the butter mixture on the bread and then sprinkle the cheddar cheese) but this is how I had copied it down. It was so good I thought everyone should have it! Enjoy!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 loaf French bread
- In a small mixing bowl, beat butter and mayonnaise until blended.
- Stir in cheeses, onions, Italian seasoning and garlic.
- Spread over cut sides of bread and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Broil 4-6 inches from the heat 3-5 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and bubbly.
I served this with some jambalaya and it was a hit! It was easy to make and just a step above plain old garlic bread. I don't think anyone would go wrong with making this recipe. Thanks for posting a recipe I'll be using many times in the future!
Oh my GOODNESS!!! This bread is just amazing. It is so cheesey and oooy gooy wonderful. You have not had cheesey garlic bread until you've had this one. I am absolutly nuts about my garlic bread and when ever we order pizza. I always have to have garlic bread. I thought Figaros cheesey garlic bread was great. Then I tried this one. HOLY COW!!! YUMMY! YUM! YUM! The only thing I did differantly was I spread the butter mixture on and then I put the cheese on top. Just because i like lots of extra cheese and i wanted the butter mixture divided evenly. This was awsome Pyrochry. Thanks for sharing the goodness with the rest of us.