Recipe by KittyKitty
I haven't made this yet, but thought I would post anyway to see how you guys like it.
- 1⁄2 cup diced sweet onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (1 lb) packagesrefrigerated mashed potatoes (I would use Simply Potatoes)
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh chives
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 minutes. Stir in wine; cook 5 minutes. Whisk in broth and potatoes until smooth. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer 10 minutes; stir in half-and-half and bell pepper, and cook 5 more minutes or until thoroughly heated. Add salt to taste. Top with chives.