Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
A cake mix started dessert.
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) containerready to spread fudge frosting
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 13 X 9-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine all cake ingredients at low speed of an electric mixer until moistened; beat 2 minutes at high speed. Pour 2/3 of the batter into greased and floured pan; set remaining batter aside.
- In small bowl, blend all filling ingredients; beat at high speed until smooth and creamy. Spoon remaining batter over filling.
- Bake at 350°F for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely. Frost cooled cake. Store in the refrigerator.