Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Here's a good one to try!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup sultana raisin
- 3⁄4 cup candied orange peel, diced
- 3⁄4 cup candied lemon peel, diced
- 3⁄4 cup candied citron peel, diced
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup nuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream butter, add sugar gradually and continue beating.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.
- Add orange juice, raisins, candied fruit, coconut and nuts.
- Fold in sifted dry ingredients.
- Turn into greased, double wax paper lined loaf pan and bake at 275°F for 2-1/2 to 3 hours.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Turn out and cool completely on rack.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; store for 3-5 weeks before serving.
This is an OLD favorite. I have the same recipe in a cookbook from 1947.