Golden Fried Flounder Fillets With Onion
- About 45 minutes before serving, in a 12" skillet, over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons butter, cook the onion until tender, about 5 minutes; remove to a plate and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, cut fillets in half crosswise.
- On waxed paper, combine flour and salt, pepper, paprika; coat fillets with mixture.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, in 1/4 cup butter, fry the fish, turning once, until fish is browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Put fish on a platter. Fry until all fish are done.
- To mixture left in the skillet, add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce and bring to just boiling, stirring. Pour over fish. Top with cooked onion and garnish with watercress.