Recipe by Noo
A really easy, deliciously sticky, chicken dish, with warm, aromatic flavours.
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Wow, this is delicious chicken. Loved the marinade -- it gave the meat so much flavor and made it deliciously tender. Glad there was plenty to go around as DH over-indulged -- I might have too! Served this dish with some coconut rice and a veggie. Definitely a memorable meal and I will be making this dish again very soon. Made for PRMR, April, 2013.
- 8 chicken thighs, skin on
- 8 chicken drumsticks, skin on
- 4 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- finger length piece fresh ginger, grated
- 4 tablespoons shaohsing rice wine or 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 4 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons clear honey
- 4 teaspoons five-spice powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the marinade ingredients.
- Put the chicken into a dish, then pour over the marinade, mixing to coat it.
- Cover and then chill for at least 20 minutes or up to 24 hours if you have time.
- Heat the oven to 180/160/Gas 4. Lift the chicken out of the marinade into a roasting tin (I recommend you line it with foil). Roast for 40 minutes, then pour over the remaining marinade and cook for a further 30 minutes until golden and sticky.