Recipe by love4culinary
These are my absolute favorite 'plain' pancakes. I love these so much that I can't put anything on them lol... I just eat them dry... I have to be careful.. I like them so much I could eat the whole batch LOLOL .. ok.. maybe not THAT many! hehe
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
Lovely, fluffy pancakes. I've tried a lot of recipes always looking for that one perfect one and this is at the top. I made two changes. Added 1 teaspoon of vanilla, I just do as like the added flavor and something I haven't done before but wanted to try. Exchanged the milk for club soda, made them even lighter and fluffier Soooo good, will be using this again thanks for posting.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, and oil together.
- In a larger bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add liquid mixture to dry mixture and whisk well.
- Spray large frying pan with cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.
- Wait until pan gets nice and hot.
- Make pancakes whatever size you wish-- allowing top to form bubbles before turning over.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- These can be frozen and toasted in the toaster to be reheated.
- They are wonderful reheated!
- Serve with maple syrup, or whatever you wish to put on your pancakes!