These are my absolute favorite 'plain' pancakes. I love these so much that I can't put anything on them lol... I just eat them dry... I have to be careful.. I like them so much I could eat the whole batch LOLOL .. ok.. maybe not THAT many! hehe
- In a small bowl, whisk milk, egg, and oil together.
- In a larger bowl, combine all dry ingredients.
- Slowly add liquid mixture to dry mixture and whisk well.
- Spray large frying pan with cooking spray, and heat to medium heat.
- Wait until pan gets nice and hot.
- Make pancakes whatever size you wish-- allowing top to form bubbles before turning over.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- These can be frozen and toasted in the toaster to be reheated.
- They are wonderful reheated!
- Serve with maple syrup, or whatever you wish to put on your pancakes!
Lovely, fluffy pancakes. I've tried a lot of recipes always looking for that one perfect one and this is at the top. I made two changes. Added 1 teaspoon of vanilla, I just do as like the added flavor and something I haven't done before but wanted to try. Exchanged the milk for club soda, made them even lighter and fluffier Soooo good, will be using this again thanks for posting.
I read the reviews thinking "oh no, i'm going to make another flat batch :(" I did let the mixture sit for half an hour or so before making them into pancakes. This recipe is awesome and they do come out puffy and fluffy for me, similar to a nice big fat soft crumpet! I love this recipe and have always struggled to make pancakes; I am just so terrible at them! This recipe is gooooood! mines come out about a cm thick and that does beat my past attempts... yummy yummy yummy!
I'm not sure I have ever tasted a better pancake! This recipe is everything you expect from a pancake, light and fluffy with just the right amount of sweetness. I have tried many pancake recipes on this site and also from many cookbooks. However, this recipe stands above all others I have tried in texture and flavor. I will be sure to use this recipe again and again! Thank you, love4culinary!