Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very good, crispy eggplant.
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces Italian dressing
- In shallow bowl, mix crumbs with parmesan cheese.
- Put dressing in another bowl.
- Dip eggplant slices in dressing, then into crumbs.
- Put in a single layer on sprayed baking sheet.
- Bake at 450* for 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Turn rounds once while baking.
Inez, I loved this eggplant. I subbed Greek Vinaigrette for the Italian dressing. Just what I was looking for! Thanks!
This recipe was exactly what I was looking for and tasted exactly the way I thought it would. The outside was crispy and lovely brown. The eggplant was almost custard-like in texture and not bitter at all. My DH and I both thought we were "cheating' on our diets because it was so good. MizzNezz, you are a whiz, and I am ever so glad you shared this recipe. Thanks!!
Very nice! I was looking for a quick and easy eggplant recipe and this was it :) I'm glad it also happened to be healthier than the fried version!