Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a nice recipe if you're expecting company for brunch or lunch. Keep in mind this recipe serves 3, so you may wish to double it. Not waistline friendly, but we need to indulge once in awhile!
- 1 (15 ounce) package Pillsbury ready made pie dough
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons celery, chopped finely
- 2 teaspoons instant minced onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Let frozen pastry thaw for 15 minutes. In the meantime in a small bowl, combine filling ingredients.
- Unfold pie crusts and press out fold lines and cut 3 - 5 inch circles of pastry.
- Place 1/4 cup of filling in centre of each circle, then fold in half and press edges with a fork to seal.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake at 425 for 15 - 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the sauce:.
- Melt butter and add flour; cook until smooth and bubbly, stirring constantly. Gradually stir in milk and cook until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and blend well. Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon cheese sauce over warm foldovers.