Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
From the book "Rose Reisman Brings Home Spa Desserts". I have not yet tried this, but it sounds wonderful.
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup low fat cottage cheese
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (or 2 equivalent of low-cholesterol egg substitute)
- 1⁄3 cup unflavored low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberry (or strawberries or mixed fruit pieces)
- With a blender or food processor, puree ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, sugar, eggs or substitute, yogurt, vanilla and lemon peel until smooth and thick. Blend in flour and cornstarch well. Pour into 8-inch springform pan that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake approximately 35 minutes in preheated 350-degree oven, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Chill until cold; decorate with fruit of choice.
- Cook time does not include chill time.
- Yields 12 servings.
I doubled the amount of everything to make 2 cakes, so basically I did follow the recipe, and both cakes did not rise and came out flat and disgusting :( Too bad .. what a waste of 2 whole cheese containers. Maybe whoever posted this missed an ingredient.