Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I found this recipe in the same cookbook as Chef#230860 did. And since she "tweaked" it a bit, I thought I would post the original version. Because there are some of us that "can't stand the heat" of some foods.The only change I used was to use butter flavored shortening instead of the butter.Tiffany Wegerer from Colwich, Kansas was the one that sent this into "Simple & Delicious". Submitted to "ZAAR"on January 3rd,2009
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup butter flavor shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large zippered plastic bag,add the first five ingredients.
- Then add 1/2 cup of potatoes at a time, shaking well after each addition.
- In a skillet large enough to hold all the potatoes, melt shortening.
- Add potatoes cook and stir over medium heat for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender.