Recipe by CulinaryExplorer
This is a recipe I got out of a Tastes of Home cookbook and then tweaked to our tastes. They taste just like seasoned potato wedges and would be great served with some ranch or ketchup, but they are a bit more grown up than eating the wedges. They are simple to make and look great too!
Top Review by **Mandy**
I cheated a bit with this & used some canned potatoes tossed in the mixture. I ten baked them in the oven with some butter & oil tossing to coat & then throughout cooking a few times. the flavours in this are very subtle but really nice. A great side to go with our steak dinner. Thanks for posting!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine first seven ingredients.
- Add 1/2 cup potatoes at a time, shake to coat.
- In two large skillets (you need two so you can fit them all in without overlapping) melt half the butter in each.
- Add potatoes, cook and stir over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.