Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great salad to go anytime of the year and it's healthy too. Everytime I make it everyone wants the recipe.
- 2 bunches green leaf lettuce (washed & dried)
- 2 1⁄2 large golden delicious apples (chopped)
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (shredded)
- 8 ounces cashews (whole or half)
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Wash lettuce & Dry. And chop up.
- Chop apples mix with cheese and cashews.
- Can make dressing ahead of time and chop up lettuce ahead of time.
- Mix olive oil with sugar and red wine; shake in a container or mix in cup with spoon, add onion powder and poppy seeds shake or mix again with spoon.