Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Another goodie with oatmeal. UPDATE:12/05. I have changed the amount of servings to one instead of two. I was thinking about the amount I eat with my protein shake, instead of what the general public would probably eat.
- 1⁄3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1⁄2 cup golden delicious apple, cored, unpared, diced
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking oatmeal
- Combine all but the oatmeal in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in oats and cook 1 minute.
- Cover and let stand several minutes, then serve.
Nutritious, fast and tasty - what more can you ask for on a weekday morning? :) I slightly increased the amounts, 'cause I *really* like my oatmeal, and this recipe makes me glad I did. It's a great way to get in your morning's whole grains and fruit - I eat the rest of the apple as the oatmeal cooks, and then breakfast is ready! Thanks for posting.
Delcious! This didn't even need any sugar because it had so much taste to it! I didn't make any changes, it was perfect! Thanks for the recipe Happy Harry #2!
Pretty good oatmeal recipe. Definitely not enough for 2 servings though, it wasn't quite as much as I like for 1 serving. Nice taste and texture though. Thanks Harry!