1/1 Photo of Golden Crusted Fish and Potato Cakes With Dill Yoghurt
These fishcakes are heavenly... for me they outweigh a good feed of steak any day. My husband came up with this recipe as I strived to make even a half decent fishcake. I LOVE THEM!! They are lovely and golden, and you don't have to use expensive fish either (we use the basic white fish here in New Zealand - Hoki, and they are just perfect). We hope you enjoy them as much as we do :o)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g white fish (nothing with too strong flavour, can be pretty basic fish)
- 6 medium potatoes
- approximately 1 1/2 cups instant mash dried potato flakes (or)
- additional 1 cup potato flakes
- 29.58-44.37 ml parsley
- 4.92-9.85 ml salt (to taste)
- 2.46 ml white pepper
- light vegetable oil, to fry
- 1De-bone fish and dice into small cubes (about the size of your little finger tip).
- 2Coarsely grate 4 potatoes and Finely grate 2 potatoes.Gently squeeze some of the excess juice from the grated potatoes (however, don't go overboard).
- 3Combine fish and potato with parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4Add instant mash/potato flakes to bind the mixture together (you may need slightly more or less, depending on the amount of moisture left in your potatoes).
- 5Roll fish cakes by hand, coating them in a mixture of potato flakes and salt.
- 6Place oil in a frying pan (skillet), on medium heat (enough oil to fry, but not too much, as they can absorb quite a bit of oil).
- 7Once up to temperature fry fishcakes for approximately 7 minutes a side, or until golden brown and warm throughout. (You may need to adjust the temperature from time to time to ensure they do not burn).
- 8When finished, place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- 9For the dill yoghurt, simply combine dill and yoghurt, and dollop onto your fish cakes.
- 10Serve with rocket (arugula)/salad and your favourite dressing.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Crusted Fish and Potato Cakes With Dill Yoghurt
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 278.9
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 625.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 58.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 8.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: