Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Lasagna lovers, here’s a new one for you. It’s creamy and delicious!
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (9 ounces)
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram or 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper, from 7-ounce jar, drained and chopped (I roast them myself)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- Add asparagus; heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
- Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in broth, milk and marjoram. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, half of the asparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Delicious! I think the kids devoured it faster than we did.