1 hr 15 mins
Lasagna lovers, here’s a new one for you. It’s creamy and delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles (9 ounces)
- 2 lbs asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper, from 7-ounce jar, drained and chopped (I roast them myself)
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (8 ounces)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease rectangular baking dish, 13x9x2 inches. Cook and drain noodles as directed on package.
- 2Heat 5 cups water to boiling in 3-quart saucepan.
- 3Add asparagus; heat to boiling. Boil 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place asparagus in bowl. Toss with oil and lemon pepper seasoning salt.
- 4Melt butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in broth, milk and marjoram. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- 6Stir in chicken, 1/4 cup of the bell peppers and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Cook about 2 minutes or until hot.
- 7Spread about 1/2 cup of the chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, half of the asparagus and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles.
- 8Beat whipping cream in chilled small bowl with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. Spread over top of lasagna.
- 9Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bell peppers and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
- 10Bake uncovered 40 to 45 minutes or until hot in center and top is golden brown.
- 11Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Crusted Chicken Asparagus Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (314 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 441.3
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.3 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.5 mg
- Sodium 692.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: