This is an easy, quick recipe for cornbread and the applesauce adds a touch of sweetness. Great served with soup or chili.
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornmeal, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, stir together milk, eggs, and applesauce.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and mix together well.
- Pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.