1 hr 15 mins
This is a MARVELOUS pie that I found in a whole foods cookbook. The polenta adds a lovely crunch to the pie. I promise you will absolutely love this! :-)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 cup polenta
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- cold water, enough to make smooth dough
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar
- custard or cream, to serve
- 1In a large bowl, combine flours, sugar, polenta, baking powder and salt.
- 2Take the butter and rub it into the flour mixture with your fingers until it looks like fine crumbs.
- 3Stir in egg and olive oil and enough cold water to form a smooth dough.
- 4Next grease a 9-inch spring-form pan and press 2/3 of the dough evenly over the base and up the sides of the spring-form pan.
- 5Wrap the rest of the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate it while you are preparing the filling.
- 6At this time you will want to preheat your oven to 350 degress F.
- 7Sprinkle the sugar and polenta into the pan.
- 8Cut your plums in half and remove the pits, and then place the halves cut-side down on top of the sprinkled polenta.
- 9Remove the remaining dough from the fridge and crumble it between your fingers, and then combine it with the oats.
- 10Sprinkle this mixture evenly over the plums and then sprinkle the raw sugar on top of that.
- 11Place in the oven and bake for 50 minutes until golden brown.
- 12Remove from oven and allow it to sit for approximately 15 minutes before you remove it from the spring-form pan.
- 13Once you remove it, leave it to cool on a wire rack.
- 14When serving, top slices with custard or cream.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Crumble Plum Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.5
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.7 g
- Cholesterol 64.6 mg
- Sodium 82.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 27.2 g
- Protein 6.7 g