Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
A rich, delicious appetizer! A bit retro, but hey, there is a reason these kinds of recipes are enduring... they're tasty! :)
- 10 slices fresh white bread
- 1 lb backfin crab meat
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 8 ounces sharp American cheese, shredded, or cheddar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the crusts from bread, then cube the slices.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Stir in the bread cubes, cheese, and crab (careful not to break up the lumps of crab too much).
- Pour into a lightly greased or pan-sprayed 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until center is set.
- Note: 2 cups of shrimp, or a combination of shrimp and crab to total 2 cups may be substituted for crabmeat.
This is divine! Easy and delicious. it toke me less than an hour. This recipe is great, didn't change a thing. Thank you =)
I made this to serve at my bridge group's Christmas Brunch. Very lovely and delicious. I used cheddar cheese instead of American. Easy to make and the ladies and I thought this deserved 5-stars. Great brunch casserole
This dish was superb!! It seemed very simple to me and did not take me long. When I stirred in the bread cubes, cheese, and crabmeat I also put in a little bit of red wine, not cooking wine, and after I baked it I poured just a little bit of red wine on it. This dish is also great with collards.