- 10 slices fresh white bread
- 1 lb backfin crab meat
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 8 ounces sharp American cheese, shredded, or cheddar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut the crusts from bread, then cube the slices.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs, milk, and seasonings.
- Stir in the bread cubes, cheese, and crab (careful not to break up the lumps of crab too much).
- Pour into a lightly greased or pan-sprayed 9" X 13" baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees F for 1 hour or until center is set.
- Note: 2 cups of shrimp, or a combination of shrimp and crab to total 2 cups may be substituted for crabmeat.