Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
Our friends in Miami made these for us and gave me the recipe. We dip them in mustard sauce. Very yummy.
- 1 lb golden crabmeat (any kind of fresh crabmeat will do)
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices white bread, crusts removed
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Squeeze the excess water from the crabmeat and remove any cartilage.
- In a mixing bowl, add the crabmeat and the rest of the ingredients, except for the bread and oil.
- Stir well to mix.
- Put the bread in a food processor and process into fine crumbs.
- Add the crumbs to the crab mixture and mix well.
- Form the crab cakes (I use about 1/4 cup for each cake) and chill well before frying.
- Fry the cakes over medium-high heat in 1 inch of oil for about 5 minutes on each side, or until browned.
- Serve hot.