1/2 Photos of Golden Couscous-Shrimp Salad With Bleu Cheese-Walnut Bread
Another simple and light summer meal that makes use of leftovers...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion (diced)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic paste
- 1 cup frozen shrimp (without shells)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup cooked couscous (I used my leftover Golden Couscous)
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- salad greens, mix
- iceberg lettuce
- blue cheese
- sliced bread (I used walnut bread)
- 1Sauté onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- 2Add garlic, shrimp, oregano, and parsley.
- 3Cook until shrimp turn light pink.
- 4Throughly mix in couscous and bell pepper.
- 5Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and cool.
- 6Combine salad greens, lettuce, and basil.
- 7Add cooled shrimp mixture and toss until well mixed.
- 8Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with white pepper.
- 9Toss until lightly coated.
- 10***Melted bleu cheese on walnut bread makes a great accompaniment.
Browse Our Top Greens Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Couscous-Shrimp Salad With Bleu Cheese-Walnut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (160 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.0
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 4.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: