Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a wonderful summer salad, quick to prepare, and doesn't heat up the kitchen. The salad serves 4 as a meal or six as a side dish. The tumeric makes it a wonderful golden colour.
- 1 (340 g) boxquick cooking couscous, prepared following package directions
- 3⁄4 cup celery
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon lemons or 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed oil (you can easily subsitute another oil)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Prepare couscous according to package directions.
- Once couscous has finished cooking run a fork through it to prevent lumping.
- While letting the couscous cool prepare the salad ingredients and then mix couscous in a bowl.
- To prepare salad dressing whisk oil, lemon juice, and tumeric together until well blended.
- Pour over dressing, toss, and serve.
You say the tumeric gives it a wonderful colour yet there is no tumeric listed in the ingredients.