1/1 Photo of Golden Corral Rolls
3 hrs 30 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast (reg size)
- 1/4 cup water, very warm
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk, scalding hot
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, for brushing rolls, melted
- 1Sprinkle the yeast over very warm water in a large bowl. (Very warm water should feel comfortably warm when dropped on wrist or between 105-110°F on a candy thermometer) Stir until yeast dissolves.
- 2Add sugar, the 1/4 cup butter or margarine and salt to hot milk and stir until the sugar dissolves and butter or margarine is melted. Cool mixture to 105-115°F.
- 3Add milk mixture to yeast, then beat in egg. Beat in 4 cups of the flour, 1 cup at a time, to form a soft dough. Use some of the remaining 1/2 cup of the flour to dust a pastry cloth.
- 4Knead the dough lightly for 5 minutes, working in the remaining flour (use it for flouring the pastry cloth and your hands).
- 5Place dough in a warm buttered bowl; turn greased side up. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Punch dough down and knead 4 to 5 minutes on a lightly floured pastry cloth. Dough will be sticky, but use as little flour as possible for flouring your hands and the pastry cloth, otherwise the rolls will not be as feathery light as they should be.
- 7Pinch off small chunks of dough and shape into round rolls about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4-inches in diameter. Place in neat rows, not quite touching, in a well-buttered 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan.
- 8Cover rolls and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, 30 to 40 minutes. Brush tops of rolls with melted butter or margarine, then bake in a moderately hot oven (375°F) 18 to 20 minutes or until nicely browned. Serve warm with plenty of butter.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Corral Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1080 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.9
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 16.8 mg
- Sodium 130.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g