Recipe by *Alia*
This is a family favorite. Great with butter and corn syrup. We generally have to double the recipe in my house.
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Grease 8x8-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl combine all dry ingredients.
- In a small bowl combine egg, milk, and oil.
- Pour egg mixture into dry mixture and stir till it is moistened. Do not overmix.
- Pour batter into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake 25 minutes or until golden.