Recipe by greysangel
This is more sweet than savory...if you think Jiffy is not that bad, you'll love this.
Top Review by carole in orlando
I am always looking for healthy ways to have my carbs! This is a good cornbread recipe, because we like ours a little sweet. I used wholewheat pastry flour and it was just fine. Thanks, Carole in Orlando
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Spray or lightly grease a 9- inch round cake pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt and baking powder.
- Stir in egg, milk and vegetable oil until well combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.