Recipe by lazyme
Several years I took a series of Asian cooking classes and this is one of the soups that we made. It's very simple and tasty. Because it's on the bland side, it goes well with any spicy entree. ZWT Mid-West region (corn).
Top Review by Dreamer in Ontario
DD and I really enjoyed this soup! It would be an excellent starter to a Chinese meal. I used canned corn to speed the recipe up and followed the directions as written. Made for ZWT 4.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 large ears of corn or 1 (8 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, dissolved in a little cold water
- ham, chopped (optional)
- shrimp, chopped (optional)
- green onion, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer.
- Beat the egg whites until frothy; add milk; set aside.
- Add corn to the stock and salt to taste.
- When the mixture has returned to a boil, stir in cornstarch mixture.
- Remove from heat and immediately add egg mixture.
- Garnish with ham, shrimp, and/or green onions if desired.