Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
The color and taste of this soup is great for autumn. But it's great anytime.
Make and share this Golden Corn Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed (or about 4 ears of fresh corn kernels)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter; add onion, red and yellow peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add flour, stir constantly until well combined.
- Add broth, corn, saffron, cream, salt, white pepper, and 1 tbsp parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley on top.
Very good & easy to make. Since I did not have Saffron Threads in the house, I substituted Turmeric. Also, instead of just simmering it for 15 minutes, I had to make it come to a boil, then cook it on med-high for 5 minutes, for it to reach the correct consistency.
This was VERY simple which I loved!!! I added a bit of garlic to ours...gotta have that in everything it seems and I prinkled cheese on top. So yum!
This soup was superb. It was very easy to make. What a reward for such little effort. I served this with “Simple Tomato Sandwich” Simple Tomato Sandwich. A match made in heaven! Thank you!