1/1 Photo of Golden Corn Soup
The color and taste of this soup is great for autumn. But it's great anytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed (or about 4 ears of fresh corn kernels)
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- 1In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter; add onion, red and yellow peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 2Add flour, stir constantly until well combined.
- 3Add broth, corn, saffron, cream, salt, white pepper, and 1 tbsp parsley.
- 4Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 5Serve with chopped fresh parsley on top.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Corn Soup
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.2
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 713.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 6.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: