Recipe by *Parsley*
The color and taste of this soup is great for autumn. But it's great anytime.
Top Review by Gigina
Very good & easy to make. Since I did not have Saffron Threads in the house, I substituted Turmeric. Also, instead of just simmering it for 15 minutes, I had to make it come to a boil, then cook it on med-high for 5 minutes, for it to reach the correct consistency.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, cored and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, cored and diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 16 ounces frozen corn kernels, thawed (or about 4 ears of fresh corn kernels)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, over medium-low heat, melt butter; add onion, red and yellow peppers and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add flour, stir constantly until well combined.
- Add broth, corn, saffron, cream, salt, white pepper, and 1 tbsp parsley.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with chopped fresh parsley on top.