Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
May substitute fresh cut whole kernel corn when in season. Wonderful summer side dish.
Make and share this Golden Corn Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Melt butter in medium saucepan; add sugar, mix well.
- Stir in flour and salt until well blended.
- Remove from heat; gradually add milk and stir in eggs, blending well.
- Add parsley and baking powder, mixing quickly.
- Fold in corn; pour into a lightly buttered 1 quart casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
This was good. I used fresh corn and was out of evaporated milk but found substitution recipe using powdered milk which turned out fine. I had to cook about 15 minutes longer than stated but maybe that is because I didn't cook the fresh corn first. I was expecting the eggs to do some sort of magic I guess and mine didn't thicken if it was supposed to but the sauce was yummy. I will make it again.