Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This sounds really nice! 8)
- 14 ounces sweetened coconut
- 4 cups water
- 1 lemon, zest of, slivered finely
- 5 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup rum
- Simmer the coconut, water and zest, covered for 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar and 1/2 the juice.
- Cook on med-low, uncovered 1 hour.
- Stir during the last 15 minutes.
- Gradually stir in water, juice and rum.
- Simmer 1 minute, and then stir in the raisins.
- Pack into 1/2 pint jars.