1/3 Photos of Golden Coconut Peach Pie
1 hr 25 mins
This pie comes from Grandma's Great Desserts. We love coconut so this is a favorite for us, I suppose you could halve the top layer if you are not as fond of coconut as us? I use My Favorite Pie Crust for the crust. Seize the moment. Think of all those women on the 'Titanic' who waved off the dessert cart." Erma Bombeck
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -4 1/2 cups fresh peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 5 ounces evaporated milk, small size
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2In a medium bowl, combine peaches, sugar, flour, nutmeg, salt, and juice.
- 3Pour into pie shell; dot with butter.
- 4Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl combine the butter, coconut, evaporated milk, egg, and sugar.
- 6Remove pie from oven and pour this mixture over the hot filling.
- 7Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until the coconut is toasted, about 45 minutes.
- 8Serve warm, or chilled.
- 9Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Coconut Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 379.9
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 248.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 34.6 g
- Protein 5.1 g