Another coconut cookie, but this one has a touch of orange to it. You don't have to add the orange peel but it does give it a distinct flavor.
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the coconut, flour, vanilla, and orange rind.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on the cookie sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool slightly before removing cookies from sheet.
Made these cookies for a Church gathering. They got rave reviews, even had someone ask for the recipe. I added 1 tsp. of lemon juice and it gave then a hint of lemon which went well with the coconut. They were easy to make. Next time I would at least double or triple the recipe. You want to have lots of these cookies around.
Quick and easy and taste great. I might make them again but this time with lime and lemon peel to add to the color. Thanks for your recipe.