Recipe by Jacqui from Oz
These are kind of like a jam drop - very easy and yummy !
Top Review by Baby Kato
These cookies are excellant. They have amazing texture and flavor. The butter cookies are crisp, tender and chewy with a nice sweet jam and toasted coconut. I filled our cookies with cherry, apricot and strawberry jam. All varieties were wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 ounces butter or 5 ounces margarine
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- jam, I like raspberry
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour and cinnamon together, then place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together and add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls, flatten out on baking tray and make hollows in centre.
- Fill hollows with teaspoons of jam.
- Bake in moderate oven until brown.