Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are kind of like a jam drop - very easy and yummy !
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 5 ounces butter or 5 ounces margarine
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup
- jam, I like raspberry
- Sift flour and cinnamon together, then place all dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt butter and golden syrup together and add to dry ingredients and mix well.
- Roll into balls, flatten out on baking tray and make hollows in centre.
- Fill hollows with teaspoons of jam.
- Bake in moderate oven until brown.
These cookies are excellant. They have amazing texture and flavor. The butter cookies are crisp, tender and chewy with a nice sweet jam and toasted coconut. I filled our cookies with cherry, apricot and strawberry jam. All varieties were wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing.
These were so easy and taste so yummy! (The kids haven't had any yet - I HAD to taste first.) Mommy perogitive. lol I followed the recipe exactly. For the jam I used homemade freezer jam. It was combination of strawberry, blueberry and blackberry. This recipe will be made again. Next time I will use peach jam. Thanks for being my joey! Made for the Aussie/NZ recipe swap August 2008.