Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Olive Garden web site. Haven't tried this as yet but it looks very interesting and from what I've read, it can't be bad, if not we make the adjustments.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup apple butter
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cook orzo according to package directions.
- Drain well and pour back into pot.
- Add can of evaporated skim milk.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes, or until most liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add raisins, pecans, apple butter.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Add to mixture to taste.
- Transfer to serving bowl.
- Top with remaining cinnamon & sugar as needed for garnish.