Recipe by *Pixie*
Yummy golden muffins topped with cinnamon sugar, best warm out of the oven but good cold too (be sure to wrap them up in plastic wrap so they don't dry out). The secret ingredient that gives these muffins their golden color is butterscotch pudding mix...
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 package instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin (s) well with cooking spray or use paper muffin liners.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and dry butterscotch pudding mix.
- Mix brown sugar, melted butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Add egg and beat with a fork until smooth.
- Add milk and stir until well combined.
- Add the milk mixture to the dry one.
- Mix with a fork until combined.
- Do not overmix.
- Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Mix white sugar with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon sugar mixture evenly on top of each muffin.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes until done.