Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
These taste great! Definitely one of the best!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet chocolate pieces (approx. 10 oz. large)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- In bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy (3-5 mins.). Add egg and vanilla extract; mix well.
- Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in semi-sweet baking pieces and pecans.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets and bake for about 10-12 mins or until done.
- Cool completely.
This is one of my absolute favorite chocolate chip cookie recipes. I leave out the nuts though. Sometimes I use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup peanut butter rather than all butter and use half milk chocolate chips. So delish!