Recipe by kausha in Italy
A delicious cake which I love very much. This recipe was given to me by my mother who loves it very much. So wanted to share with you all.
- 2 1⁄4 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cooking oil
- 5 egg yolks
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons finely shredded lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small mixer bowl sift together cake flour, sugar, baking powder and salt, make a well in the center, add cooking oil, egg yolks, water, lemon peel and vanilla.
- Beat mixture of high speed of electric mixer about 5 minutes or till satin smooth.
- Wash beater thoroughly, in a larger bowl combine egg whites and cream of tartar, beat at medium speed till very stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Pour batter in a thin stream over entire surface of egg whites, fold in gently.
- Pour into ungreased 10-inch tube pan.
- Bake in 325°F oven 70 minutes or till cake tests done.
- Invert cake in pan, cool.
- Using a spatula, loosen cake from pan, remove.