Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
YUMMY! Cheesy, easy and wonderful... a kid pleaser! I always use a bit more cheese than it calls for... a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar. I fix it the night before one of those busy days and pop in the oven when I get home... you can also cook immediately. Sooooooooo good.
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- Put half of bread cubes in an 8 x 12" greased pan.
- Combine chicken, onion, mushroom soup, mayo and seasonings.
- Spoon over bread cubes.
- Top with remaining cubes of bread.
- Beat eggs slightly and blend with milk.
- Pour over bread.
- At this point, cover and refrigerate overnight if you choose to do so. If not, continue with below instructions without refrigerating (I have made both ways and notice no difference.).
- Before baking, top with undiluted cream of chicken soup.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was really good! Like you, I used a mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses. Very easy to throw together with leftover cooked chicken breasts. Thanks so much for posting!
This is a very good casserole ! I divided the recipe into 2 and froze one for a later use . Very easy to do and tasted really good !
I made this with leftover diced turkey I had in my freezer. This went together very easy and was loved by my whole family! Not an easy feat in my house. DBF who usually doesn't like new foods ate half of the pan of this. I already have been requested to make this one again. A definite keeper! Thanks for the easy and great recipe!