Recipe by Che~Sara`
YUMMY! Cheesy, easy and wonderful... a kid pleaser! I always use a bit more cheese than it calls for... a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar. I fix it the night before one of those busy days and pop in the oven when I get home... you can also cook immediately. Sooooooooo good.
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder or 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken, diced and cooked
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese, your choice
Directions See How It's Made
- Put half of bread cubes in an 8 x 12" greased pan.
- Combine chicken, onion, mushroom soup, mayo and seasonings.
- Spoon over bread cubes.
- Top with remaining cubes of bread.
- Beat eggs slightly and blend with milk.
- Pour over bread.
- At this point, cover and refrigerate overnight if you choose to do so. If not, continue with below instructions without refrigerating (I have made both ways and notice no difference.).
- Before baking, top with undiluted cream of chicken soup.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 5 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.