1/2 Photos of Golden Chicken Squares
1 hr 15 mins
YUMMY! Cheesy, easy and wonderful... a kid pleaser! I always use a bit more cheese than it calls for... a mixture of mozzarella and cheddar. I fix it the night before one of those busy days and pop in the oven when I get home... you can also cook immediately. Sooooooooo good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 slices white bread, cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups chicken, diced and cooked
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese, your choice
- 1Put half of bread cubes in an 8 x 12" greased pan.
- 2Combine chicken, onion, mushroom soup, mayo and seasonings.
- 3Spoon over bread cubes.
- 4Top with remaining cubes of bread.
- 5Beat eggs slightly and blend with milk.
- 6Pour over bread.
- 7At this point, cover and refrigerate overnight if you choose to do so. If not, continue with below instructions without refrigerating (I have made both ways and notice no difference.).
- 8Before baking, top with undiluted cream of chicken soup.
- 9Bake at 325 for 1 hour.
- 10Sprinkle cheese over top and bake 5 minutes more.
- 11Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Chicken Squares
Serving Size: 1 (267 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 404.7
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 138.0 mg
- Sodium 1431.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 14.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: