Recipe by ItalianLady
My aunt from Colorado mailed this recipe to my mother when I was young. It was always a tasty way to use up leftover chicken or turkey.
Top Review by berry271
This was good, but nothing spectacular. I was impressed that the pasta didn't dry out as there's not really a "sauce." I think I would like it better with a sauce. Also confetti would probably be a more appropriate description (instead of golden) because of the red tomatoes, and green spinach in addition to the yellow peppers.
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion
- 8 mushrooms
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup bite sized cooked chicken or 1 cup cooked turkey
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes (or equivalent fresh tomato)
- 1 tablespoon oil
add ins could include
- spinach or squash
Directions See How It's Made
- Dice pepper, mushrooms and onion.
- Sauté all vegetable in oil.
- Boil spaghetti for 7 minutes and drain.
- Combine everything except cheese with spaghetti.
- Pour half of mixture into a greased casserole dish.
- Cover with one cup of cheese.
- Pour in the remaining mixture.
- Cover with second cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.