Prep 1 hr
Cook 5 hrs
This is a great classic mazto ball chicken soup from the Kosher Palatte
- 2365.0 ml water
- 1814.36 g whole chickens
- 3 stalk celery (sliced)
- 2 parsnips (peeled and sliced)
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled and cut into pieces)
- 9.85 ml salt
- 7.39 ml fresh coarse ground black pepper
- matzo ball mix
- Bring water to a boil in a large soup pot.
- Add Chicken, onion, celery, carrots, parsnips, sweet potatoes, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and gently simmer, covered for 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot and add in matzo balls.
- Boil for 30-40 minute.
- Return chicken to soup and reheat.