Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A deliciously sweet mixture of sour and spicy for a suprisingly easy and elegant appetizer topped with crushed peanuts for texture. Or even main dish! I prefer to lower the curry for my family's palate.
- 24 chicken wings
- crushed roasted peanuts
- 1 (10 ounce) can coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry chili pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 limes, juice of
- Seperate 24 chicken wings at upper wing joint. Remove skin.
- Scrape flesh from small end of bone to top knuckle, forming a lollipop shape. Place in shallow dish.
- Pour marinate over chicken and cover. Refrigerate overnight.
- Reserving marinade, barbeque chicken for 6-8 minutes per side until golden crispy.
- Bring marinade to hard boil for 1 minute to make dipping sauce. Top with crushed roasted peanuts.
these were delicious and the kids loved them, the special way to make the "stick" was a great ide to make them specialy presentable and easy to hold Thank you for posting