Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
Fruity and flavorful, this chicken goes nice with wild rice. It cooks fairly quickly, looks and tastes pretty impressive, and is great for unexpected guests.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2⁄3 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 -3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a skillet, heat oil, and add garlic and chives, and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the fruit juices, increase the heat to hot, bring it to a boil; cook for 1-2 minutes to reduce slightly, then add broth, heat through, and remove from heat.
- Cut 2 thin slices of orange and lemon, and cut each in half.
- Running your fingers between the skin and the meat of the chicken, rub some salt there; then tuck one orange and one lemon slice between the skin and the meat on each piece.
- Place the chicken in an oven-proof baking pan and pour the heated fruit juices over the chicken, then bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan; skim fat from pan; take pan juices and add slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch mixed with 3 tbsp water) and heat until thickened and bubbly.
- Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped parsley.