Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe. I shall be trying it out and then post any additional information if needs be. Feel free to try it out first and share your comments!
Top Review by Mirj
This is a very good side dish to serve along corned beef or fried chicken. The recipe calls for white cornmeal if possible, but I find that yellow cornmeal makes for an "earthier" cornbread.
- 1 cup cornmeal, White If Poss
- 1 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 10 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter, Melted
- 1 large egg, Beaten
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the dry ingredients and then stir in the cheddar cheese.
- Combine the milk, butter and egg then add them to the dry ingredients, mixing until just moistened.
- Pour into a greased 8-inch square baking pan and bake at 425 degrees F for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot.