Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Wonderful alternative to traditional mashed potatoes.
- 5 lbs golden potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Peel, boil and mash potatoes with butter and 1/2 cups of the heavy cream.
- Add pepper and 2 cups of the cheese.
- Spread into 9x13 pan.
- Beat remaining 1 cup of heavy cream until stiff.
- Fold in remaining cheese.
- Spread over potatoes and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until golden.