1/1 Photo of Golden Castle Pudding
I participated in a recent swap and my partner, *maryL* sent me 2 wonderful cookbooks. This recipe was in the one entitled "Family Cooking". Using my trusty scale, I converted the ingredients list to US measurement and served this pudding to dinner guests and everyone raved. Warning: It is very sweet!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut circles of parchment paper to fit the bottom of 4 (5 oz) ramekins.
- 3Spray the ramekins with non-stick cooking spray and place the circles in the bottom.
- 4Mix together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.
- 5Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy; stir in vanilla.
- 6Gradually beat in beaten eggs, alternating with 1 tablespoon of flour; beating well after each addition.
- 7When the mixture is smooth, add any remaining flour and fold in gently.
- 8Add a tablespoon of water and mix to form soft dough that will drop easily off a spoon.
- 9Divide the mixture among the 4 ramekins, place on baking sheet and bake in a preheated oven for 25 minutes or until firm and golden brown.
- 10Allow the puddings to stand for 5 minutes; run a sharp knife around sides and turn out on dessert plate, discarding paper.
- 11Heat the syrup or honey and pour over the puddings; garnish with a couple of tablespoons crème fraiche or ready-made custard.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Castle Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (165 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 614.4
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 195.1 mg
- Sodium 646.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 31.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g