1/1 Photo of Golden Cashew Pie
1 hr 35 mins
This pie is not for those without a sweet tooth. It's very sweet and much in the style of a pecan pie.
My Private Note
Nine in ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups whole roasted cashews (unsalted)
- 1/3 cup powdered milk (instant)
- 1 cup water
- 1 lemon, zest of, grated
- 1 small red potatoes, peeled
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup light corn syrup (such as Karo clear red label)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 9 inches unbaked pie shells (I used a Pillsbury refrigerated)
- 1Dissolve the powdered milk in the 1 cup of water and set aside.
- 2Place pie crust in 9 inch pan and spread the cashews evenly over the bottom of the crust.
- 3In a food processor grate the potato until finely chopped adding enough of the reconstituted milk to make it smooth but not very wet; use no less than 2 Tablespoons but no more than 1/4 cup.
- 4Grate the the lemon rind and add to the potato mixture, if you peel long strips of zest off the lemon without getting any white on it, you can use the food processor to grate the zest too instead of doing it by hand.
- 5Transfer the potato, lemon mixture to a large mixer bowl;.
- 6with an electric mixer, beat in the eggs, sugar, syrup, vanilla and salt, beating until smooth.
- 7Pour the mixture over the cashews in the pie pan and bake in a preheated 375ºF oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until filling is set.
- 8Check pie crust half way through cooking time, if crust is browning to quickly cover the edges of the crust will foil to stop it from getting to brown before the pie is set.
- 9Cool thoroughly before cutting, serve plain or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Cashew Pie
Serving Size: 1 (228 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 594.3
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 26.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 77.3 mg
- Sodium 523.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.2 g
- Protein 10.9 g