Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
If yoy want to give a bit of a twist to this recipe, stir in a little honey before serving :)
Make and share this Golden Carrot Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cups chicken stock
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- add carrots, onion, garlic, and bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the stock in another saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling stock over the vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the bay leaves.
- allow the soup to cool a little, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with pepper.
- If the soup is too thick, add some extra stock.
- serve garnished with parsley.
This has turned out a lot better than I expected. I thought it was going to be too plain and instead I ended up having two big servings of it and basically licked the bowl! Let me tell you, it was much much better than my last attempt at carrot soup. Thank you!
Simple, easy and tasty. Perfect soup for a quick meal. Great for me at the moment with my jaw wired between surgeries
What a VERY TASTY soup! I made it for dinner tonight and enjoyed it very much! Its so easy peasy to make, with no fuss at all and tastes very yummy. The garlic makes a wonderful addition to the carrots sweetness and the amount used was perfect. I used a medium sized onion and threw in two chopped up spring onions, which needed to be used up. Did not have any parsley, so just served the soup without garnish and I dont think anyone missed it. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful warming soup recipe with us, Sara!