Recipe by Sara 76
If yoy want to give a bit of a twist to this recipe, stir in a little honey before serving :)
Top Review by Katanashrp
This has turned out a lot better than I expected. I thought it was going to be too plain and instead I ended up having two big servings of it and basically licked the bowl! Let me tell you, it was much much better than my last attempt at carrot soup. Thank you!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 large carrots, diced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 cups chicken stock
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- add carrots, onion, garlic, and bay leaves and cook for 10 minutes.
- Put the stock in another saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Pour the boiling stock over the vegetables and simmer for 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the pan from the heat and remove the bay leaves.
- allow the soup to cool a little, then transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Season with pepper.
- If the soup is too thick, add some extra stock.
- serve garnished with parsley.