Recipe by ChrysalisUnfurled
Everyone who has tried this soup simply raves.
Top Review by Rhiannon and Matt
I put about a tsp of crushed garlic in with the onion because it seemed like it needed something more and i'm glad i did. I used a bit more veg stock & omitted the milk coz i thought it might thin it out & make it a bit bland for my taste. Blended chunky style :) Update: I have since made this with the milk (and salt and pepper) and can't help thinking it still needs some herbs/spice to complete the picture, but I'll leave that to someone else I think.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cups chicken bouillon (I use bulk)
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium saucepan saute garlic & onions until golden.
- Add carrots and toss until coated with butter.
- Add bouillon and rice and simmer until carrots are tender and rice is cooked.
- Add to blender 1/3 at a time and blend until smooth (save a few carrot slices to garnish if you like).
- Return to saucepan, add milk and heat. Serve.