Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone who has tried this soup simply raves.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- 3 cups chicken bouillon (I use bulk)
- 1⁄4 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic (optional)
- In medium saucepan saute garlic & onions until golden.
- Add carrots and toss until coated with butter.
- Add bouillon and rice and simmer until carrots are tender and rice is cooked.
- Add to blender 1/3 at a time and blend until smooth (save a few carrot slices to garnish if you like).
- Return to saucepan, add milk and heat. Serve.
I put about a tsp of crushed garlic in with the onion because it seemed like it needed something more and i'm glad i did. I used a bit more veg stock & omitted the milk coz i thought it might thin it out & make it a bit bland for my taste. Blended chunky style :) Update: I have since made this with the milk (and salt and pepper) and can't help thinking it still needs some herbs/spice to complete the picture, but I'll leave that to someone else I think.
very nice soup; followed recipe but also added some garlic. very nice taste; tasted with and without the added milk; both ways were very good. simple enough to make; not a huge list of ingredients and healthy.